CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

One month and loving it!!


I have had my locks for a month now and I am loving it. I went to Durham last week to visit a friend of mine. The weather was nice. I'm a Michigander so it was warmer than I was use to. Hot and humid but you could not tell I was in any distress with the way my hair looked. Guess what! All I took for my hair was a few perm rods, some fashionable hair pins (which is what I'm wearing in this pic, just hard to see them), some rubber bands, and my shampoo. I was just so pleased with the looooow manintence of my hair. I still have permed ends so I put in a few braids, put perm rods on the ends, blow dried it for about 5 minutes and I was looking good. Here it doesn't look full like it normally is and that's because I found these fashionable hairpins and was able to pull my hair back around my ears. It was so cute. I got so many compliments. Honestly, I know many have said this, but I don't know what took me this long to go natural.

6 comments:

Lalaboobaby said...

Your hair looks awesome.

CarmenNC said...

Congratulations on getting your Sisterlocks. I always wondered why didn't I do it sooner, but I got mine about three months after finding out about them. I hadn't even seen anyone in person with them.

As far as slippage give it time and it will slow down and/or completely stop depending on your hair type. Stick to your retightening visits and all should come out fine.

GIgirl said...

Your hair is absolutely beautiful and like a fine wine it will only get better with time. GI

Penny said...

Hi rich girl! I am loving your hair. You are right your sister's hair is fabulous. I saw her blog before with all of those celebrities she took pictures with and her hair is nice. Welcome to the sisterlocks. Well I am going back to snipping my ends. Oh by the way, one day we both will be remarried!! No rush though!1

Anonymous said...

Your hair is looking good. I had slippage around the edges and back. I went from washing weekly to every other week and it helped a great deal. I now have very little slippage.

~happi2bnappi~ said...

wow, fabulous, amazing...ok enough about me...LOL...I'm glad you decided to join me on the other side. Going all natural definitely gives you a boost of confidence, but you are a "richgirl", its not like we needed one. Love You

Lil Sis