CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

I can't wait for that day!

I have been wanting my hair locked for a few months now. My sister did it three years ago and when she did it I told her it was cute but I would never do that to my hair. I love changing hair styles too much and I loved it when my hair moved when I moved. I remember thinking how brave she was for coming out of a relaxer. Now her hair is gorgeous. She's talking about a hair cut. I've been battling with carpel tunnel for the past few months. I've been a hair dresser for about 20 years. I also have 3 girls and they have been blessed with an abundance of glory so my hands have taken a beating for some years now. I came home from a trip to North Carolina a few months ago. I was upset before going that I had to pack a hair bag. I woke the morning after coming home and said "I am not putting myself thru another relaxer." I called my sister and told her I was ready to make that move to the other side. She was so excited she said she would pay for half the cost of me getting it done. Now I love my lil sissy for the jesture but I won't let her do that. I really don't remember much about my sister's journey so I started 'stalking' the blogs as my sisters put it. Reading up on different journeys, I knew it was going to be a big change for me. Not only for me but for everyone else that was use to seeing my hair a certain way. I was so use to hearing people compliment me on how beautiful my hair was, What were they going to say now? I have had a relaxer since my earily 20's. None the less I have taken on that attitdude that I did not care what other people thought. It was my hair and I was ready for a change. Poor Mama! She is my biggest critic and a lover of my bounce and body. She is not going to take this very well.I did my consulation on May 7th. I had talked about this journey so much, I ended up taking a client along with me. Well she is now an ex-client. She was done on May 14,15. My appointment was scheduled for May 24, 25. Well I had to change my appointment. I was totally disappointed. I was hoping I could get in within the next couple of weeks. To my surpise my loctian (Junita) had to reschedule my appointment for June 24, 25. At this point I really did not care. I told her to just give me what she had available. Its been a month since my test locks have been put in and out of 12; I think I have 3 left. I can't wait until my sl birthdate. I don't consider myself a very photogentic person but I've been so excited about this journey that I have started snapping pics of my hair at the state it is in now. I can't wait to share my progress with all my new sisters. I will see you guys again after we've made that WALK TO THE OTHER SIDE!

6/2/08
by Rchgrl1

0 comments: